PROMOTING GLOBAL HEALTH
The application period has not opened for the 2019 annual meeting.
A limited number of Global Partner Travel Awards will be given to pathologists from under-resourced countries, to help them attend USCAP’s Annual Meeting. The purpose of this is to improve global health by increasing the exchange of information and the science of pathology. The travel award is a check for $3,000 USD, plus complimentary General Registration with Companion Society Meetings, complimentary attendance to the “Long Course,” two complimentary short courses, and complimentary Adjunct Membership in USCAP for a year. The Global Partners Travel Awards are made possible by philanthropic donations to the USCAP Foundation.
The Global Partners Travel Awards are made possible by philanthropic donations to the USCAP Foundation.
Criteria for Application
Consideration for Travel Awards will be given to practicing pathologists who:
• Reside in an under-served country (the WHO-HINARI website will be utilized as a guide) and have a demonstrable need for financial support to attend the USCAP Annual Meeting
• Provide a resume and supporting letter from a Department Head or Supervisor attesting to the need for travel assistance and the potential benefit for attending the meeting
Preference will be given to:
• Applicants whose scientific abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 2019 Annual Meeting
• Applicants who are dues paying members of the IAP
• Pathologists just beginning their careers (in practice or less than five years)
Applicants will be notified of the results of the award process after November 1st. Travel award winners are responsible for making all of their own travel and lodging arrangements. Please apply for a US travel visa immediately if you are selected as an award recipient. The USCAP Foundation’s Global Partners Travel Award will be distributed at the Annual Meeting. Award winners must appear in-person in order to receive this award.
To see a complete list of eligible countries, please click HERE.